Sunday, May 17, 2009

Stupidity costs 10.00$

As the weather is ramping up to summer status I am now yet again finding, or rather falling upon, some of the blank spots with my knowledge of bicycle parts/mechanics. Over the past year I've experienced various mechanical failures, not only including loose crank arms, broken seat posts, bent handle bars, broken derailleurs, etc..., and yesterday after a relatively good streak of incident free days I was once again humbled.


The Seat Post Binder Bolt:










A relatively simple part of the bike most notable for the excellent job it does in keeping the seat post from falling, yet yesterday I truly understood the meaning of the saying, " don't over tighten the bolt or you'll fuck it up "; and preceded to over tighten the bolt, and thus fuck things up.






Luckily the damage was not permanent and fortunately enough fixable. So with that a big ups to Peter from 21st Cycles, I believe this would be the third or fourth time you've been present during one of my points of stupidity


EPIC WIN


~DBF

No comments: