Friday, November 27, 2009

A Sick Acceptance

For those who don't know today is Black Friday, which is basically a holiday that that was created in leu of when to officially start the Christmas shopping season. Any other year I'd probably just be pissed, upset about the various ramifications of what it means to actually have crowds that trample each other just for a deal, and yet this year I didn't see any of that, (in Portland anyway). I went to Pioneer place to crowd watch, seeing as today would be a particular good day to do that, and even in the masses of various people of different colors and creeds all I saw was a bunch of people shopping. Yes, I'm sure there was intense deal mongering between more than one late forty year old that I probably missed, but overall I was actually left quite cheery.


Which led me to my this next conclusion,


1. Is Christmas intensely fueled by capitalism, yeah I would say so
2. Do people over over-indulge, probably

And even with these shortcomings, I'm really amped about this years holiday season. I'm ready for a pleasant reclusiveness brought on by the seasonal cold, a chance to be able to appreciate those who I've met, and a willingness to meet so many more new individuals; all carrying their own specific eccentricities.


Hellz Yeah Holidayz


Danny

No comments: