Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Introspective Seasonal Post

Since moving to Portland I've always found my visits in Seattle/Shoreline to be somewhat awkward and short lived, which leads me to my next point. I think this is the first since I moved to Portland that I've felt "at home" in some form or another, and I suppose I can thank the snow. For those not keeping up with the NW weather forecasts, Portland and Seattle have added to the "the weather is going to shit" theory by snowing for nearly three days. Anybody who has lived in either place can attest that if each area has gotten even as little as an hour of good snow, it has been a good year, but 2008 definitely outdid itself by truly leaving both cities, each with both of there singular snowplows, completely incapacitated; and in this case its a good thing.

I came up to Seattle this year with some plans in mind, train a little, try to hang out with friends, this and that but I've finally come to the conclusion that Shoreline is different for me. Its always been a weird little suburb so I might as well go along with it, if only for a little bit and just relax.

In other words, I've been snowed in for roughly four days, been outside twice, and thats just fine.

Cheers world



No comments: