Friday, December 12, 2008

This year in racing

Christmas is fast approaching and now with the Portland Cyclocross season truly at an end I thought it might be a good idea to recap on my accomplishments, where I could improve; one of those compliment sandwiches that I've heard so much about.

Overall racing was good and considering this was my first year I think I did an alright job.

Track:

Starting out on the track is a nice way to get into biking. Theoretically track racing is probably the last type of bicycle racing one would try, after stints with road and maybe cross, but it is Portland and with all the fixed gears everywhere already, one can't help but think what they are actually designed for. I got 3rd as a cat 5 over all in the track bar, so I can't complain too much. Goals for next year: less emphasis on the track with better quality than quantity. I tired myself out so bad over the summer doing races every week, I need to eat alot more next time and make sure I don't destroy myself. Goal: try to be a cat 4

Road/Criterium:

Didn't really get to do any road, but raced a couple of the popular crit races. Crits are mostly fun with a fair amount of pain. I only hope I can maybe me a cat 4 so my field can be bigger. We'll just have to wait and see.

Cross:

I really enjoyed cyclocross. The cross crusade was a great compilation of races and I can see why its so popular in Oregon, not to mention it just hurt less to race it. Great way to stay fit in the winter, and if I had an emphasis this would be it.

I guess thats it?

No comments: