Thursday, June 18, 2009

Last Year around this time

So I'm back in Seattle taking an obligatory do nothing week with my parents week, and while I suppose it is technically summer, its progressing at a different pace than last year. For those who don't know last year I found myself in a weird creative slump and it was all the excitement and involvement in Portland's bike scene that sort of kept me afloat and involved, but this time around things are a little different. Before it wasn't a matter of training, or competitive edge it was just a sort of fun involvement in a great progressive scene. The excitement of not knowing what was coming up next, not knowing what a challenge racing on mt tabor was, or having any idea of what the swan island criterium could be; there is something to be said about being completely in the middle of everything and simply knowing that things are fine how they are.

I'm not sure if its the kind of personality type I am, or if I just crave the new or unknown but things are different. I used to ride a pista, now I ride a scattante. Track used used to be my favorite type of racing, now I look forward to cross. I used to be tired all the time, now I eat 2500 calories a day.

Changes, I say, changes.

Danny

No comments: