Monday, June 1, 2009

Yonkers, NY

After several days of wonderful weather I think the people of Portland can somewhat officially say that summer is here for what I hope to be at least a couple months...after this week that is. In a last ditch effort to give one final post spring time flourish I think the weather is trying to rain one last time. Kind of...







In an attempt to surprise people into thinking they needed their raincoats today, it rained for about two minutes, and while one could call the actual "shower" lame it was moisture that was the lasting effect on peoples minds. Overall it left me in a lethargic kind of mood but beyond sweating a little more and moving a little slower it reminded me of New York and how long its been since I last visited. Maybe I'm over dramatizing it, but I'll always remember the very distinct feeling of NY humidity and for a couple moments today Portland almost matched it. The only thing missing really was the lack of insects chirping in the background. Specifically...




Fascinating

No comments: