Friday, January 15, 2010

Amazing Mornings

Today I had the opportunity of getting to start my day at 7AM, and thus far its both reassured my faith in Portland, and confused me hardcore. Its so bizarre getting up in what is essentially still night, eating, putting on my rain coat expecting cold, and then come to find that its probably 55, maybe even 60 degrees out.

I just checked, and according to the weather peeps its actually only 50, but still! It seems so much warmer than usual. All the same I'm not complaining. If January wants to be silly and manic I'm cool with that, as long as it doesn't mean cold and wet.

All though I'm pretty positive at this point it means wet.

The reason for my early wake up call: I got another audition, and even though its probably not as glamorous and hyped as my previous, it was still very exciting. Not to mention it probably out-WTF'd the last by a good seven points considering its a commercial/spec spot for this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mello_Yello

I didn't even know this soda still existed, but just as Obama needed McCain, and how white supremacists need minorities, Mountain Dew needs Mello Yellow, and frankly I'm not arguing.

485$ for one days work doesn't hurt either.

Closing statements:

The promotion guy reminded me of a cockatoo, and the other day at work I got paid to stand for three hours while they attempted to fix an industrial printing machine.


Danny

No comments: