Sunday, January 31, 2010

I read so much these days

That statement rings true with me almost everyday now. Although in the end its a good thing because it means that for the first time--possibly ever-- I'm actually doing the readings assigned to me in classes. I'm not sure why back in the day I resented them so hard core, but I've discovered that not only do they help, they are actually quite interesting.

Class Recap:

American Cinema and American Culture:
- I was really looking forward to this class when I first got into it, and trust me its still very interesting but there is definitely something about the way Tate teaches that gets to me sometimes. Sometimes I think the human experience is simply to diverse and random to be able to say that one single thing can incite a whole quiver of feelings, i.e just because Edward G. Robinson's picture is big on the DVD case is big doesn't necessarily represent his god like presence in the film.

Anatomy of a Movie:
- Incredibly thankful I ran out on this class two years ago because I was so intimidated. It makes sense now as a senior majoring in film but I shudder to think how I would have responded if I actually went through with it two years ago. WWII fascinates me. It was the beginning of the end in terms of old war style tactics and it had such a profound affect on film making during the time. Does stuff like that happen today and I'm just not seeing it? Also, the class is about Casablanca.

Dramatic Writing:
- Very thankful I had the gumption to go to this class. I considered not taking it and opting for an easier load this term but its definitely worth it. My writing skills are finally forming a coherent whole, and it only took almost the entirety of college to do so.

German:
- This language is a little ridiculous and yet it comes very naturally. Do I want a minor in it, or do I actually care that much...

I'm really curious what springs going to be like this year



Danny

No comments: