Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Broken things

Its been a tough week and a half. Portland did not hesitate to rain the minute Halloween was over, and any ideas of Indian summers should be thrown out the window at this point. CC #6 was not the best in my book. I didn't get any chances to train over the course of the week and finished much farther back then I had hoped. Its an annoying and troubling thought to have your inner monologue go on about how you don't want to compete anymore when your racing. Really doesn't make for good results.

Barton was mostly gravel with a couple patches of mud. My race was one of the first so the course wasn't completely destroyed yet, but near the end it was just plain dangerous. I think right now one of my problems may be steadiness and confidence, at least on gravel. i wanted to speed up, but i also wanted to not fall down, that was the mantra behind that race anyway.

For this week: actual regimented training. It has to be done or else I will not progress... and eating.

No comments: