Sunday, October 5, 2008

First Cyclocross Race Ever: Alpenrose

Finally happened after a long awaited off season cross finally started today! Rode the beginner men which worked out extremely well, with the exception that I got a flat with about two laps to go. The course was really crazy technical but slow but with quick sections that really helped and kept the pace up.

Mostly comprised up of hay and random debris but by the time the masters men raced it was mostly mud and extremely slippery.

Things to improve on for the next race.

1. Bringing arm warmers, might be worth it.
2. Inflating my tires more, probably the reason I got a flat in the first place.
3. Get top five, or try to win the beginners: I'd like to have that psychological reassurance that I do belong in the C's before jumping up to them. I probably would have finished top 5 today for reference.
4. Get on a team, time to get back on that boat. Veloshop would be really cool or maybe Ironclad.


Figure out strategy and train a little more.


Danny


Other things in my life.


Whoo!

That first post was written while I was waiting in the Apple store at Pioneer Place, so it was definitely rushed a little. Now a real recap...

Today was a good finale to what has been a very busy week. I'm tempted to say that it was almost a little unnerving but when I look back at the actual events that happened and really think it over, I usually just come to the decision that I was just very busy getting things ready. First off got myself slightly more into debt finishing my cross bike just in time for cross crusade. I have no idea where I'm going to scape together some several hundred dollars but I usually find a way so I'm not really that worried, not to mention the Scattante looks awesome, and I think I can officially say its the first bike I've pretty much built up by myself. With a slightly shorter stem I think it just might work perfect.

School has been heating up as well, I had a little scare about whether or not I should drop a class or not but after some careful deliberation I think I'll keep it and just work it out. Film is something that comes and goes in my mind but even though it is a slightly silly major I take solace in the fact that I know I can creatively read and write a little bit more proficiently.

I've also decided to give morning spinning a shot with the stationary bike. Normally I would never be able to do this but for the first time in my college career I'm able to sleep in a little more so why not wake a little earlier and start the day on in the saddle, literally. Supplemented with a little running I should be able to get a pretty good independent training schedule out. All this aside I'm still trying to see if I can get accepted by Veloshop, and at the same tim wondering if I should considering they have no strict training regiment. It's worth a shot in my book, and hey, what could possibly go wrong, ( not sure if thats the right thing to end a post with )

Danny

No comments: