Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ice Cube said it best... Cross Crusade #2

Today was a good day.

Went up to Willsonville this morning, waking up at the bitter hour of 6:50 to make my way to the Second Cross Crusade Race.

Things to note:

~ Course was extremely versatile, with a lot of very fast sections and slow sections. I'm not really sure whether I should be thankful or not but it didn't rain and at most the ground was slightly damp with not too much give. Got incredibly dry throughout the day, again I'm curious how the course faired for the masters considering it was mostly dust by the time they raced.

~ Extremely technical overall, and while there was only two official barriers, there were several sections that could have doubled quite nicely.

~ Where there wasn't mountains of dirt, there were rocks and its only godsend that I didn't flat, considering how many people I saw who did.

Overall Placing: 13th out of 100 and something. A really strong race and proof that I can indeed move up to being a Cat C. I've heard from several people that its not that different but I'll have to see for myself.

We shall see in time.

No comments: