Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pre-race day jitters

Literally!

The Northwest continues to be a harsh mistress with its icy bosom now upon oregon, or, it got really cold really fast. In the past week its gone from being comfortably chilly to full on freezing.

My house isn't responding too well to the extremes in temperature either. It recently decided to drop to the point to where I could see my breath in the morning, so I retaliated by putting plastic over my windows. In short, it kind of works, kind of...

I've been taking it easy the last couple of days preparing for Sundays race. Been doing yoga in the morning and before I go to bed as much as I can, which seems to be helping in little bit. I've also rediscovered my infatuation with running at night wearing only running shorts, shoes, and a tired grin, ( the colder it is, the stranger the looks )...

The second Cross Crusade is tomorrow which is definitely going to be interesting.

http://www.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=108907454630463163469.000454e9665dbf5bfe7f3&ll=45.312948,-122.793975&spn=0.007303,0.014656&t=h&z=16


The weather-clowns predict sun tomorrow, coupled with the fact that this looks like a much faster course then Alpenrose was: Note that there is only one barrier in the entire course and many long straightaways. I can only hope its a little slower then it looks.

At least the weather will be nice.

No comments: